We’re starting a new content series… and we’re calling it ‘60 Seconds With’. In these short and snappy pieces, you’ll get to know the style and culture of some of The Grampians Goods Co’s dearest friends; our stockists and suppliers, customers and content creators, to name a few. And maybe in the process, you might find yourself a new favourite book or recipe! In this inaugural episode, meet Pin from Made in Tangier.
Meet Pin from Made in Tangier
Here, we’ve asked Pin for a rapidfire list of some of her favourite things.
- And my all time hero, Picasso
- Sushi…I really, really miss sushi! What I wouldn’t do for a bento box…
- Gin and the juice of a fresh white peach (a handy recipe that adds a basil leaf to the equation)
- Chicken sandwiches, accompanied by rosé—it’s my mother and grandmother in me! (See below for the recipe).
Pin’s Country Picnic Chicken Sandwiches
- Using chicken fillets or a whole BBQ chicken… quantity up to you!
- Tablespoon by tablespoon, blend some ‘good dollops’ of sour cream and mayo with the chicken and just keep tasting until you ‘get it’.
- If you’re after some pizazz, trying adding finely chopped celery and/or walnuts for that extra something-something, and don’t forget to add loads of salt and pepper.
- Drape a wet tea towel on top of the finished product to keep fresh.
- SECRET INGREDIENT: white bread.
Have you read Pin’s story?
Raised on her family property in Western Victoria, Pin was born ‘Virginia’, and it was during her childhood that she developed a passion for travel. Exploring from India to Tuscany, Egypt to Istanbul, London to Paris, she’s most recently settled in Tangier in Morocco, where she founded her business ‘Made in Tangier’.
We decided to ask Pin about her journey from Western Victoria, all the way to Tangier. You can read all about that here, but let us warn you—Pin is an enchanting storyteller so you’ll want to brew a cuppa before sitting down for this read!
Check out our Moroccan Collab with Made in Tangier
Have you seen our collaboration product with Made in Tangier, the cotton pom-pom hand towels in our bespoke brand colour combo.